THE LAWMAKERS SPECIAL ASSEMBLY THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO DEAL WITH THE THIRD
READING OF THE EDUCATION LAW AND WAS TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2020 AT THE SAGKEENG HIGH SCHOOL HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
THIS IS DUE TO THE COVID19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK. WE DO NOT WANT TO ENDANGER OUR ELDERS OR OTHERS.
MEEGWETCH AND STAY SAFE.
Effective immediately, as a precautionary all department buildings will be closed to the public. All Schools, including the Head Start program and the Katrina Rae Day Care will be closed until we receive clearance from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada, Manitoba Health and FNIHB regarding the COVID-19 virus.
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19, commonly known as the Coronavirus, a global pandemic. On March 12, 2020, Manitoba Health Minister Cameron Friesen announced Manitoba’s first case of COVID-19.
What you need to know and How to protect yourself and your Community.
To NAIG – Athletes/Parents/Guardians
Congratulations on being chosen to represent Team Manitoba at the 2020 North American Indigenous Games.
We are pleased to inform you that the registration fee per athlete has been paid in full by Sagkeeng First Nation. Please be advised that any further monetary requests for last minute expenses that may arise for NAIG by the athlete/parent/guardian will not be considered.
Claims Process Open for Survivors of Federal Indian Day Schools.
Click the button to open to the Federal Indian Day School Class Action website.
The shoreline of the river is developing ice however this is very unsafe for anyone to walk on. We ask that community members stay off the ice.
We also encourage parents to warn their children the danger of walking on thin ice and to stay away from the shoreline and creeks for their safety.
If you would like to read the final draft of the 2019 Sagkeeng Comprehensive Community Plan
Click Here For The Plan
SHOULD YOU CALL DPW OR HOUSING?
• Any concerns or issues involving plumbing or water on the inside of your house or business…
• Any issues involving toilets, drainage or sewage inside your house or business…
• Any issues involving electrical heating or cooling on the inside of your house or business…
• Any issues concerning electrical plugs or lighting on the inside of your house or business…….
Call HOUSING AT 204-367-6010
• Any concerns or issues involving your water supply or delivery…
• Any concerns or issues regarding your septic tank or field including cleaning…
• Any other issues concerning water or sewage issues external to your building…
• Any road conditions or road clearing…
• Any issues concerning garbage pickup…
Call DPW at 204-367-8095
First Nations & Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line
If you are FEELING SAD or DISTRESSED and want to talk, support is a phone call away.
SAGKEENG PEACE OFFICERS
Schedule for February 2020
WE WANT A DRUG FREE COMMUNITY
Please report any suspicious activity to the local R.C.M.P. at 204-367-2222
or To make an anonymous tip please call Manitoba Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
View our Posters